You may notice that your nails are yellowing and you may not know the reason why. It could be due to fungal infection, yellow nail syndrome caused by other diseases. They may look unsightly and you don’t want to keep painting them over because that is not a healthy option in the long run. Let your nails breathe and try out these natural remedies to combat yellowing of the nails.
- Lemon – This seems to be the household favourite in many homemade remedies. Mix 1 cup of juice with 1 cup of water and soak your hands in it for at least 15 minutes. Then massage your nails with a lemon peel and rinse thoroughly. Keep repeating this procedure daily or as required.
- Baking Soda – Again, another popular ingredient. Create a paste like consistency using equal amounts of baking soda and water. Apply this paste to your nails and let it work for 30 minutes. (You could take a nap in the meantime.) Rinse with warm water until all traces of baking soda is removed.
- Rose water – Sounds fancy, but mix 2 spoons of rose water and 1 spoon of glycerine. Apply the concoction every night on your nails. Your nails will be reducing in yellowness and the glycerine will keep them smooth.
- Olive oil and Oregano oil – Mix 2 drops of Oregano essential oil with 1 teaspoon of Olive oil and massage your nails. However, do not repeat this procedure for more than 3 weeks.
- Apple Vinegar – Create a mixture of equal quantities of apple vinegar and warm water. Soak your nails in it for around 15 – 20 minutes, 2-3 times a day and you’ll notice a difference.